There is a saying that all homes are judged by their kitchen. Whether this is a fact or not, it can be said though that the kitchen is always a selling point and that it can make or break a sale if the kitchen is not up to standards. These days, everything is on the more modern side as old and retro looking kitchens are no longer a fad. Not only do they not deter the newer generation, but that many of the equipment and appliances consume a lot of electricity. If you are looking to improve your home’s kitchen, then you should look into creating a modern kitchen.
- Countertops – these are possibly the best and easiest way in making the kitchen look better than before. Investing in a granite countertop will certainly be worth it. Not only do they make the kitchen look prettier, but they can also take a lot of pounding yet still last a very long time. In fact, the durability of granite countertops are more likely to outlive their owners and yet still be in perfect good-looking condition.
- Custom Cabinets – kitchen cabinets are very useful because these acts as your storage areas for the kitchen equipment and stuff that you need to tuck away when not in use. Having custom kitchen cabinets mean you can get the storage space that you need while at the same time beautifying your kitchen area. They help to accentuate things in the kitchen making them blend in a more harmonious fashion.
- Range Overhaul – if your stoves are old, then it may be time to overhaul and upgrade your kitchen range. Modern stoves these days are more energy efficient and look much better than older looking stoves. Many of them have technological enhancements which mean they are also much safer because they are more intelligent.
- Refrigerator – old refs consume a lot of electricity and that you regularly have to maintain and defrost them in order for the ice not to occupy most of the freezer area. These days, more energy efficient inverter refrigerators are around and they can save you a lot of money in the long run. While they are more expensive than regular refs at initial cost, the money you get from savings will pay for the additional cost in just a few years. Also, since they are “no frost,” you do not have to defrost them just to keep ice to a minimal.
- Fixtures – replace old fixtures into more modern ones to help accentuate the modern theme. This will help to make things blend more harmoniously as well as fashionably.
12 Jan, 2015
in Home Improvement
There comes a time when you just have to let go of things in order to move on. This also includes the homes you grew up on or where you raised your family. There are many reasons as to why you need to sell your home. However, one thing is for sure, you would want to get the highest price for it when possible. Of course, in order to achieve top price, you need to make your home look more appealing so that the bids for it may reach or even pass your asking price.
Here are just some of the ways you can make your home look more appealing to buyers:
- Declutter – over the years, you will likely have accumulated a lot of stuff that are stored in your home. The best way to make your home look more appealing is to declutter it. Rent a storage unit and put all of your home’s clutter in it so that when the potential buyers of your home come to visit, they will see a fresher looking home than a cramped and clutter one. Additionally, make sure all the personal items are removed and retain only the bare essential ones. This includes items in the bathroom, closet, living area, bedroom, and the kitchen.
- Inexpensive Repairs and Updates – if you’ve been living in your home for quite some time, chances are, the paint may have become worn out on some areas and that there may be broken and outdated hardware in your home. By doing some restorative painting and replacing some of the hardware like doorknobs, door handles, bathroom fixtures, kitchen fixtures, and other similar elements, you help to elevate the overall design element of your home as it makes it look more modern and updated.
- Curb Appeal – the exterior of the home is just as important as its interior. Giving the curb some attention detail makes the outside look better groomed and inviting. You do not need a landscape artist for this as all you have to do is make sure the lawn is tended to with colored flowers lining the edge, and that the driveway and walkway is clean and free from any debris.
- Keep It Clean – while you may not enjoy cleaning, if it does add better value to your home, you will surely take the time to keeping your home clean. Make sure to scrutinize every facet of your home and make sure everything is cleaned up before or whenever a potential buyer shows up.
When it comes to selling your home, keeping things in proper order and making sure that everything is set up the way it should when potential buyers are viewing the home, will help ensure that you get top money for the home that you are selling.